PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 12th Dec 2015, 18:57
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Thank you, Cland

Many here should wade thru the thoudands of posts we had concerning AF447. Points/counterpoints and many volumes of 'bus manuals and procedures.

I feel most of us from those discussions thot we had enuf new training as a result of that tragedy to prevent another duplicate. Sheesh.

I must remind all that when you see the FDR numbers from AF447 and the "airshow demo" crash by a "test pilot", that the 'bus seems to have very benign stall buffet/burble and such. So you can fly into the stall regime and not realize it. Then there's the problem of control law reversion that still seems to be a problem that the crews do not understand.

"You can't stall this plane", huh? YES YOU CAN!!!

Besides the crew coordination and the "I got it", "You got it" and such, I still see a lack of understanding about how the 'bus works when not in the NORMAL law. I also see a need for some warning that clearly lets the crew know they are in ALTERNATE or DIRECT.

Lastly, I go with the philosophy expressed by a few here, which says, "Don't do something, just sit there". There are a very few problems that require a reaction within a second or so ( however, the 9 second reaction by the PF in this tragedy puzzles me). If the warning lights come on and the jet is not pitching or rolling violently, than don't screw the pooch.