PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A.S.T. Perth (Scone) 1966
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2015, 17:48
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to have triggered many interesting memories of Scone here - if not yet 1966! Keep 'em coming...

Thanks Dave, I had forgotten that the Coupar Angus prang was as late as December. But most of us visited the accident scene. Just shows one can't take everything in accident reports entirely on face-value...

Quote from asmccuk:
"My Scone experiences also included flying with Glasgow UAS on Chipmunks from Jan 55 to Dec 56, and practice forced landings at Errol.
I remember the names of Nugent and Critchley, and there was at least one Hamilton.
The Scone circuit with non radio Tigers, on radio Chipmunks, occasional Harvard and Oxfords and Ansons was a good learning process!"

By 1966, minor changes only! The Errol area was fairly busy, with power lines nearby and Dundee (Riverside) not far off. No sign of Tigers, Harvards, Oxfords or Ansons. But the circuit may have been even busier than in your day. Our Hamilton was a senior C310 instructor called Bill, IIRC, though my logbook unexpectedly shows only his first initial as "C".

Longer ron, was that Peter Foote in 1972? We had a senior instructor called R Foote, who flew both types, but I don't remember his first name.