PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2015, 13:56
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In designing the new terminal interior layout, MAG has been planning around the principle that traditional check-in will continue to be superceded by adoption of technology. Eventually, only fast-bag drops will be required and these need not be allocated by individual carrier. Far less space will be required for this aspect of the airport's operation. We should note also that there is alot more detail to be revealed before we can visualise what the final version of the TP will look like. For one thing, I certainly don't expect the space vacated by T1 demolition to become an unused void. There is lots more to come. With regard to the eventual number of stands, MAG has been briefing that there will be a sufficient increase in the final analysis. On the subject of accommodating growth I was told that provision would be built in: "it wouldn't be worth our while embarking on this project otherwise." I cannot confirm how they plan to achieve this at present, but I don't doubt the sincerity of their intention to accommodate growth in demand. It is common sense to do so.