PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will New ADSB IFR Requirement Reduce Safety Even More?
Old 11th Dec 2015, 13:02
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what ever happened to the idea of the general public, through their taxes, pay for the infrastructure required, to support an industry that supports them?
Ultralights,

There would be nothing wrong with that if the infrastructure was required, but it's not. What I am saying is that the tax payer and airline passenger should not have to be paying for radar coverage when ADSB would allow ATC to provide the same service. The fact that some aircraft owners do not want to fit ADSB should not be the cause of a whole infrastructure being put in place and paid for by others just so they can fly IFR......and avoid scud running.

FB,

I don't know really where to start with your post. I think the best thing you can probably do is invest in some industrial strength tinfoil for a new hat and realise the USA & Russia are not going to switch off GPS because of the terrorist threat of GPS-guided bomb drones in Oz. They're quite capable of inertial guidance as well, so you'd better decide how you're going to combat laser ring gyros as well as GPS