PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paid to fly?
Thread: Paid to fly?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2015, 10:20
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA are just a regulatory body which individual countries within the EU sign up to those regulations.

They may sign up to use these regulations and licensing methods but EASA regulations are not a country and signing up doesn't make Europe a country. Each member state has its own regulatory authority and is a separate country

EASA are trying to get a BASA with the FAA so that converting one to the other should be simpler but I have been approached by pilots to fly on the N reg jet I fly as Captain and they have approached the CAA the last was probably 6 months ago.

To fly within Europe they were told they needed FAA licences unless there has been a very recent change this is misinformation and interpretation being placed above, Before the end of 2017 we may not even be in that club the way polls are going
So I would certainly get a written response from the CAA stating you can fly an N reg on an EASA license throughout Europe before flying an N reg out of the UK as your insurance will be void as well as flying illegally

ATOguy many smaller private jets confine their operations to within Europe . You say you have a letter from a CAA inspector ? Photograph it and post it here. If it was just a verbal opinion its not worth anything as inspectors get things wrong or misunderstand what you are saying in a verbal dialogue as I have seen numerous times. So in writing please

There is a big issue at the moment requiring fully licensed ATPS flying N reg Based in Europe to hold EASA equivalent licenses which have no legal bearing on FAA aircraft
What you are saying is that the other way around an EASA pilot with no FAA licenses can fly the N reg jet around Europe? I have never heard such a ridiculous statement. i don't think the FAA would approve that when their own legally qualified pilots are banned?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 12th Dec 2015 at 11:43.