PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gestair Flying Academy
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2015, 09:07
LPVL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go away from this school

Hello everyone,

My intention is to share my recent experience with GAir.

I have approached GAir for a modular ATPL, since I already hold a PPL license.

Did my E-learning ATPL based on BGS with them. They left the tutoring role to a subcontracted company, and yet in the end everything ran smoothly and did it sucessfully.

Proceeding to next module - Night Rating - this started to go completely off track.
- First flight scheduled (Aug15), the instructor didn't know the sylabus, neither what was my aviation knowledge or background - During the briefing he asked me "so what we are going to do in this flight?"
In the debriefing they didn't even had my folder ready, so they wrote in a paper some notes...

- Then, since August they would never schedule a single flight until November , despite my insistence to perform the flights in a row as most as possible.
They kept telling me that they already sent the request to the operations and soon I would be contacted by them! Never happened during 3 months!

- I finally got one flight scheduled for mid November.
I took then the opportunity to ask them if the course is still valid (normally the course is open and has a specific validity and then closed by the aviation autority).
Their answer was: Sorry we forgot to submit the papers to the authority so your course is not even open!

At the end of the day, I lost 3 months of my life with that damm school.

I told them to forget that I will be leaving. I left and now enrolling in another school.

My understand is that they keep their focus on the MPL students coming from the Gulf, not caring about the remaining ones...