PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking hard information...
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 21:25
Donkey497

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Like Andy, my information is a little out of date, but having used the Emirates route from Glasgow to go to & from Singapore quite a few times, I'd have some reservations about the transfer time. But, and it's a good but.

I've had connections that ranged from an hour and a quarter to just over two hours for connections and it's been nip & tuck to get to the connecting flight a couple of times by the time I've gotten from the incoming gate to next departure gate.

When this has happened, I've generally been contacted as I got off the first plane, or as I got to a security check point between terminals and I've been shepherded through things to make the tight connection. Even happened one time that I nominally had a long layover and they pulled my connecting flight forward by over an hour.

It helped to be business class, but Emirates seemed to be doing a fair job of herding the folks in cattle class as well.

It might be tight, but you should be OK, but be prepared for a bit of a forced march between gates, just in case.