PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC OZ the preferred tenderer for RAAF SAR
Old 7th Jul 2003, 20:36
clearance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Nr: - Re the NSCA, How does one desert a company when there is no company?? Also, you obviously dont know why the WA Police Airwing could NOT go out and rescue the A4 pilot? along with any other operator (and no it was not because they were U/S). By the way this is not meant to be offend any other operator it's simply to say that there are certain procedures that other companies are not required to perform.

Regarding 'Aussie Company' How many Defence contracts are operated by Australian owned companies, Not many.

Also, Do you know the cost of the military providing their own SAR, go and do the numbers... as a taxpayer I'm glad that the government has saved money using a contractor, better still one that employe's Aussie's :-)

Too Cloudy: - Re your other post "Clearance,
asked to name one contract CHC won by default....let me see, the VIC Police was a good example". I then read your post that said "CHC won the PAW contract back in the late nineties when I was still there. They are currently in the "option" stage of the contract which I believe runs out in 2006", Par-lease, I'm now offically confussed! Just on the MAS contract - Noris Dinan defaulted on the contract, the other companies were asked to re-tender, Noris was not asked!... CHC along with the other operators re-tendered and the rest is history.