PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 16:44
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why oh why

So let's take a look at the goings on............

About 20 months ago the MAA pulled the flight approval of two fleets that SERCO had the contract to maintain because of inadequate technical record keeping, and as yet the only SERCO contribution to the Viking recovery is to transcribe the tech records from EASA145 to military standard ?

I am sorry but as a tax payer I think that this is a bit rich from a company that has failed to do what it was paid to do. IE provide the maintenance and support for the ATC glider fleet, it is clear that SERCO must have failed to keep proper records over a sustained period to require the MAA to ground the whole fleet

As I understand things the MoD has just about finnished dotting the I's & Crossing the T's on the Viking recovery contract and this will be confirmed next week. The glider support contract is also up for grabs and SERCO who's contract ran out a few months back are at the moment on three month renewals.

My guess is that two big contract applications in a short space of time was too much for the MoD to chew over and at once the glider recovery contract is sealed they will go onto the support contract. At this point you have to ask yourself if awarding the contract to a company that has failed so spectacularly to provide the service it was contracted to do would be a wise course of action ?

I have no financial interest in Babcock, just an keen interest in seeing the youth of this nation getting the opertunity to go gliding just like I did when I was an air cadet and don't as a tax payer take kindly to a company that has failed so lamentably to provide the services that it has been paid to do.