PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 11:23
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought fatigue was an industry issue as opposed to ezy having exclusive rights? From those I speak to further round the M25 its not just me at EZY that is suffering.

I'm 10 years in, well under 40, LGW based, and not part time so I don't know where the 5 year figure with burn out was pulled from. I've under 700 hours done this year. Can't remember the last time I broke 750. This summer did take it out of me though towards the end. Definitely could not do this to 65. My union though are very much on the case and the next few months could be very interesting for us all.

Have we a fatigue issue ? Right now, yes.

An attempt to provide a little balance. I'm far from a Orange clone but here goes. We have a few issues though, ridiculous roster instability, a lack of control over the work we do and no quality filter in roster production.

The lack of control is part of the dispute and we will have a bid system. The fatigue levels within the roster are being dealt with in a similar fashion. The crazy roster changes may well be rectified by fixing the two mentioned above.

Starting salary within ezy as a second officer is just over £40k. Moan all you want but as a 20 something cadet if you can't live on that I think you've borrowed too much and probably need to review. Grow up, basically.

If you want to retire with lots of type ratings on you licence then I'd suggest ezy isn't for you. If you want a quick route to £120k and be able to see your kids grow up then we are an option. I've made embarrassing amounts of money from the share schemes. I've a house I could never afford without my time in ezy. I can afford to go part time very soon.

Will BA be what it is now in 10 years time, I doubt it. Was it better 10 years ago, I'm told yes. Were T & Cs better in ezy ten ago ? No. I think we are still on an upward curve, all things considered. The curve is flattening though.

I have been tempted by BA previously but for various reason that ship has sailed. I'm not excited by type rating, I don't want to do days and days away with strangers, I like my command. Is BA better with regards to T&Cs ? Of course it is. I'd be a numpty to say no. The gap is closing though I believe. It has to. What I do now in ezy, you will do tomorrow in BA.

We have our faults in ezy, most definitely we do. Moves are afoot though to fix them. Rectify what I mentioned was wrong earlier and I can cope without the type ratings. To be perfectly honest, if I want to go business class to NY then i'll buy the ticket.

PS In terms of options, we have a training department that is bigger than most airlines. We have bases in most Western European. Some of the contracts aren't great, granted. Most of those contracts will get improved through union involvement. Those joining BA from EZY, I wish you all the best. Great move if it works for you. The more that leave can only be a good thing for those left behind.

Last edited by blackred1443; 10th Dec 2015 at 11:33.