PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS to hire 200 pilots!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 07:46
Guttn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The aspiring pilots always want the facts, but fact is, there are a lot of internal politics within companies that need to be considered (not just the paycheck).
I`m not applying since I`m quite content with with employer, but I do read a lot of the prune threads just to try to keep some kind of oversight in the industry. It actually amazes me that jobseekers consider not applying with SAS (as well as other traditional carriers), and at the same time are pondering about SSTR, P2F, contracting and trying to evade the taxman to some extent. At the end of your career you probably, better yet, most likely, will have been through several airlines (better and worse), and should then have a lot of insight as to which decisions you made were good ones and not so good ones employment wise. Yes, I understand that one needs food on the table and money for the loans, and that will most likely affect deciscionmaking employment wise at some point during your flying career. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, or take one for the team (your income) and soldier on to the next one once it appears. But, when people consider not applying for jobs with traditional airlines because they would rather ave a quick command and a contract, rather than full-time employment, I do question their deciscionmaking skills.
Will SAS survive? Who knows? Are they offering Europe`s best T&Cs? Nope. But they are offering full-time employment, steady paycheck, pension scheme, loss of license, and in addition staff travel benefits.
Would I, if I were looking for a job, consider applying with SAS? For sure! It`s not what it used to be, as back in the 70s, 80s and parts of the 90s, but if they succeed with restructuring, as it appears they are doing, then it could possibly be a stable (for airlines anyway) employer for years to come.