PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hullavington airfield
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 07:41
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HV

After the squaddification of Hullavington I was disappointed to find that it was mainly used to house a mobile catering unit so that won't be missed. The magnificent officers mess would grace any business headquarters. I don't think that the entire airfield will be covered in the Dyson Dalek factory so I am glad we can welcome the company back from Malaysia to help the economy in the U.K.
I was in a flight of C130s waiting for a launch from Hullavington on a para sortie and was relating the story of a Varsity hitting the unfortunately placed hill on final approach from my Nav school days when the order came to stand to. Sadly our captain, one T*m P*****y had already launched in a glider whilst we were waiting and was only recalled on his mobile phone. Snapdragon 2 joined the flight after a "gang start" and 3 minute taxy time.
By the way, the Nav straight edge not only measured the 100 mile markers on trans atlantic legs on the Lamberts 400 series charts, but also could measure 14 nautical miles on the O.S. 50 thou maps for the TAP to DZ runs