PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Dec 2015, 19:39
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a few years we have been 'beating our gums' on here (rather typing fingers) about lack of basic skills and pilots doing the opposite of what is required. How many serviceable large jet a/c stalled & crashed before FBW, and how many since? In my memory the balance shows a decay of skills when it should be the opposite. It is not the inherent fault 0f FBW.
We here beat our gums. I wonder what the worldwide authorities & training departments are doing? Whatever they are doing it is taking a long time to have a reverse effect. This might sound simplistic, but if they found a single design flaw, ATC procedural error, equipment failure, SOP error that caused a fatal crash, the 'never again brigade' would be up in arms. Things would change and fast. How many pilot induced stall crashes have there been in the past 5 years, and has there been the same reaction from authorities, to find the TRUE cause & solution, as there would have been to a technical crash? I don't think so.