PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Dec 2015, 17:16
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again: Concerned SLF here.

Are (some of) you really sure that the side stick lack of tactile feedback is the true problem? Or is that just something that is easy to blame because it is different from Boeings? From what I have been told, fighter jets have side sticks and they don't fall from the sky like bricks after a pilot induced upset due to some poor bastard clinging on to the stick for dear life.

Is there perhaps something else going on? Something we need to understand in a whole another way? Something we might not see yet?

Another comment: I too read the report and found it very confusing. There is no mention at all about Capt actions (Was he really out of the chair? If yes: for how long? Where are the CBs that he had to pull situated? Did they sound stressed out?) but a loooooong detailed story about... well, I actually skipped a lot since it was just copy-paste from the manual.

I had expected at least some mentions about the CRM and decision making capabilities, some comments about situational awareness, analysis of ergonomics et. al. Nothing of that kind. Which is very weird.