PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Dec 2015, 13:23
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts ... detailed facts

@Capt Bloggs

Originally Posted by A0283 - is if the Capt did the 'unbelievable' thing of leaving his seat, how long that might have been, did he get back within these 9 seconds? or later, ...
Capt Blogss: He was back in his seat for long enough to oppose the FO's stick inputs... for over 3 minutes prior to hitting the water.
From my personal viewpoint (I respect yours) this is only a fraction of the information that is required before we can draw any conclusions. Did he leave his seat, why, when, how long, why did he return, in what condition (bank to 50 degrees...did he crawl back, did he bump his head), was he indeed consciously moving the stick (you imply that he was clear headed, and would still know what he was doing, ... ), or was he slumped over his stick, there is so much that this report does not deliver, so we just dont know.

I think the discussions show how important these issues are on order to understand what happened here. But we need far more information in far more detail before we are able to support any conclusion. A proper synchronisation of very detailed CVR bits and FDR data is necessary to say the least.

So they lost control, but exactly how and why ...