PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Dec 2015, 13:15
nnc0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 accidents would have been avoided by one simple PF call - "Sidestick Back"."

Errrr... isn't that the exact opposite of what is required...?!

Dean
That's exactly my point. With that call the PIC would have immediately understood the PF's response was incorrect and he would have corrected it or taken control.

Our crews use the Airbus FCOM Stall procedure. Taking that procedure, our own policy manual, basic airmanship, etc., I can't honestly say we'd not have the same outcome. Many other carriers I suspect would be in the same position

There is nothing to indicate to the non flying pilot that the PF's response is incorrect. The assumption would in fact be that the PF's response is correct. Add to that the fact that recovery from a High Altitude Stall isn't quick. You'll lose a good few thousand feet easily. That further delays any action from the non flying pilot.

After a STALL warning, a verbal call of PFs stick position/action should be mandatory. The incorrect response would immediately be picked up by the non flying pilot and the correction could be made.