PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2015, 12:55
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are quite right Frank the Davies report WAS and still remains a complete waste of money, when it comes to Heathrow nobody is going to make a decision.

I think we need to get used to it and move on.

Cameron has been blessed with a relatively pain free tenure. In 2 years, halfway thru this Parliament he will be gone, clearly he is not minded to have a "poll tax" moment with fellow colleagues propelling a subject to ministerial level, which quite frankly might be pivotal to our interest in aviation but sadly Frank, is of supreme disinterest to the "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Generation".

Why create an uneccessary but possibly disastrous side show ?

Leader writers and indeed business leaders can gnash their teeth with dismay, as indeed can some here, but it won't make a blind bit of difference. Politicians in my view only make awkward U turns when they are sufficiently embarrassed by possible political fallout. If building a runway came into this category then despite CO2 emissions , despite outrageous cost , it would be signed off tomorrow, it doesnt, infact in this instance quite the opposite prevails.

And who are the big hitters waiting to pounce on number10 , and possibly inherit this poisonous chalice down the line ?

Well don't hold your breath if you support RW3 !

May, Emphatic NO
Johnson, Empthatic NO

And the favourite Osbourne, now savvy enough to how shall we say be 100% resolute in private but tepid to luke warm in public.

When he is not flying the somewhat tattered flag for Northern England it is only G.O. who has shown the slightest inkling toward supporting Heathrow, due no doubt to some long lunches in the City, but even he has gained enough nous to see the prize ahead and not jeapodise that with any "loose talk" especially if its .....toxic !

But let's be clear, if as a previous poster suggested no runway is built at Heathrow the World will not stop turning, the UK will not stop trading with the World and the World will not stop trading with us ! Don't contemplate the paracetmol and that bottle of Bells just yet Frank, Heathrow will be around for a long time yet, albeit even more creative in adapting to change.... or in this case lack of !

Ps something is only conclusive if it provides the answer YOU might want!

Last edited by Bagso; 9th Dec 2015 at 13:54.