PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Dec 2015, 11:15
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Arr, the How about detailing the "far more cases" for us, you know, where the pilots were opposing each other like they were here...
Several had been mentioned about a week ago, only to be immediately disallowed from the discussion by the "airbus sidestick kills again - it is a fact!" brigade.

Your last two paragraps though: if they came with a dotted line I would have signed them already.

This, I would like to help answer / comment on, but not sure whether I get it right:
the aeroplane crashed because the crew couldn't hand-fly (got it into a stall) and second couldn't recover (I simply do not believe you that the captain, an ex fighter jock, would not have been able to recover had he been able to override a control column [if fitted]). The sidestick positions tell the story; they were opposing each other all the way down. Even blind Freddy can spot the message there. I wonder how many times had the captain pushed the priority button for 40 seconds in anger?