PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First appearence og MIG-29 at Farnborough '88
Old 9th Dec 2015, 09:53
atb1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happened to be standbuilding on the day and was taking a break at the Greasy Spoon when the weather seemed to turn black over towards the east, and an aircraft with huge headlights was spotted on the approach.

I had a strange feeling...

Rushed into the hall to grab my camera and out the airfield side down to the apron, where the aircraft were taxying in. I too wondered what the Canberra was doing, seemed somehow out of place, but all would be explained later.

I simply joined the throng and took what shots I could. The excitement of the occasion increased a few days later with the arrival of the An-22 ostensibly with a replacement engine for the one that went kaputt on the 124. John Blake drew me a doodle of the An-22's sideways touchdown for my visitor's book, which I managed to 'retain' but can't put my finger on right now.

I bumped into the three Russian crewmembers on several occasions later, culminating in a very 'wet' reception in the 'Control Tower' at MAKS '95.

Happy days!

May I invite you to view the hastily reworked photos on my humble website here: [edit]: I am in the throes of reducing if not completely deleting my website in favour of flickr. I shall also make better copies once I find the originals!

I shall add descriptions and names by and by.

brgds and Happy Holidays,
Alan

Last edited by atb1943; 24th Oct 2022 at 02:19. Reason: link no longer appropriate.