PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building in the USA.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2015, 20:12
Aceninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best deal I have ever found

For those of you looking to timebuild it might be worth checking out local flying clubs. Usually many of them are under the radar as they seek to attract residents, but odds are they will let you join even to build time.

For those of you interested in coming to Miami, I highly recommend Pan Air Flying Club. There are three C172s (G430, nothing fancy) available for $40/hr dry. Depending on where you get the fuel that translates to about $65-70 wet. There is also a C182 available as well, for $55/hr dry but that thing burns 14 gallons an hour.

Initiation fees you may ask? $600 which covers 6 months membership. Membership fees afterwards are $25/month.

I haven't found a cheaper flying club than this in the Miami area. There is no website for the club as it's by word of mouth only. PM me for details.

If you want something a bit north, near Daytona (KDED) try Eagle Sport Aviation. There is a Piper Cub you can rent for $80/hr dry but it's also a Sailplane club and there is a Pitts S2B as well ($135/hr dry) for those looking for that adrenalin rush. I can put you in touch with both clubs as I used to be a member of ESA.

Eagle Sport Aviation Club