PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 8th Dec 2015, 12:14
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the basic training & CPL course discussion. Not only was there more basic flying, certainly spins & stalls; there were stalls in turns, incipient spin recovery; there were minor aeros and spins off the tops of loops; some were intended an others not. The unexpected ones were better training in fact. You learnt SA and not to be afraid when the blue side was below you and the horizon was AWOL. Spins under the hood were even more fun. Indeed that was with highly qualified QFI's, not hour builders who had just been spat out be the same school and who were searching for a 'proper' job.
Oh, and I forgot, a CPL course was 250hrs, not the mickey mouse 148hrs of today where the concentration is on MCC, CRM, AFDS and SOP's. Think what could be done with 50 hours extra. Let the dog of the lead and let the guys have some fun, perhaps even scare themselves a bit; but either way they will learn the envelop edges are much further away than they thought; of both the a/c and themselves.