PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new law on "ageism" - where does it leave pilots and crew who want to carry on!?
Old 7th Jul 2003, 17:05
STAGE COACH DRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I agree not all people are over the hill at 60 or 65 but who then has to police the situation.To say if you can get a medical then you should be allowed to carry on is rubish as not all AME's are the same.I used to see one some years ago that if you could find his office you had passed.I am sure most people know of someone who they think I wonder how he carry's on or why do they let him carry on.The airline way these days is not what you know but who you know. The only way to police this is as we have now set rules that say when you are 60 you stop flying large a/c.OK this will stop some who are capable of carrying on but how else can you do it.How many people have sat at home and just watched the news and seen a judge let someone off for murder or given them 2 years and said these judges are not in touch they are over the hill. Well i'm sure if you asked them they too would say I'm ok to carry on ?