PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training & Subsequently Working in Canada
Old 7th Dec 2015, 23:28
JonnyHolbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training & Subsequently Working in Canada

Hi everyone! Wannabe here.

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong place- I was torn between posting it in here and in the 'Canada' forum.

Secondly, I've trawled threads dating back around 15 years, and while I appreciate some of the info will be outdated, I've gleaned what I can. However, apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm a British citizen currently at university. After I finish university, I'm looking at the possibility of undertaking an ab initio CPL in Canada. From what I gather, the sensible thing to do would be to get a multi-engine and an instrument rating on top of these, taking the total to roughly $45-50k, including fuel surcharge and 13%(?) tax. Am I missing anything glaringly obvious here?

Lastly, I'm looking to hopefully remain in Canada after training and work- I've heard that some places take on their students as instructors after training- is this still the case for non-Canada nationals? I would ideally be looking to 'bush' flying, rather than commercial airline type stuff initially, as I'm aware the cost of an fATPL would push the price up further.

Thanks in advance for the help, and apologies once again if this has already been covered.

Cheers,

Jonny