PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will recreational flying be like in a few decades?
Old 7th Dec 2015, 15:07
Bob Upanddown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the big old problem? Demand and supply.
My supermarket had two spaces in the car park for recharging electric cars. I haven't seen them being used which must be an accurate view as the supermarket has now removed the charging points and has two more income producing parking bays.

The problem with electric cars is that the range / cost is exaggerated. Look at the Vauxhall Ampera which, for the hybrid version, had a claimed 200 plus mpg but, in truth, only achieved 50mpg. Sales were poor and, I understand, it has been withdrawn in Europe. I wouldn't blame anyone who took the view that any claims for electric cars are a pack of lies, especially after the VW problems.......

I would buy an electric car tomorrow as it suits my local driving requirement but, for the same money, I can get a better spec, more luxurious petrol car that I can still use for the odd long-distance trip. And surely that's the issue with electric plane, they don't yet tick ALL the boxes.