PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New QF Uniforms
Thread: New QF Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2003, 15:21
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New threads....

As a pax I have to say "pretty darn good". I mean, with the amount of staff QF has, there will always be *some* who are not happy. But from the pictures (and I understand do not do the uniforms justice) I think they look quite fresh and individual. Do have to agree that the print dress is a bit - ahem - ... but - this is Peter Morrissey we're talking about here very "modern".

Blueloo,

"I think that dress looks vile. It looks like someone could spew on it and you wouldnt notice."

Maybe that's the point? I can imagine having to work a flight after a baby has puked on you... at least this gives the gals some 'camouflage"....

cabin secure,

"I will never see a uniform as smart or as glamorous as the Ansett one."

I agree. While the black looks smart for the pilots, I have to say that navy is far more "glamorous" - and more appropriate for flyers in my opinion. Navy = sky, = pilot? anyway. I guess these days airlines do not want "glamorous" - they want, as someone said earlier "chic & smart". More "21st century". And for that I think Morrissey has done the job.

I had wondered also about that dress, from a safety aspect e.g. flammability - it looks like a synthetic, fire-friendly type of dress to me...... (though LOVE the opal color - very nice....)

And I have to say, I think it's great to have wardrobe choices. I *adore* that serving jacket - very classy!!!!

All in all, a good job. Cheers for QF, Morrissey, and thumbs up for bravery for the gals who *do* wear that dress!

SkySista