PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education Requirements and prereqs?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2015, 04:46
CraviatorMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Education Requirements and prereqs?

Hey everyone. I join this website at the start of the year not knowing much about this industry, so during this time I've done a little bit of research and now I've reached a point in my life where I'm anxious about the future. I'm really irritated and annoyed that I just can't find the information I'm looking for, and when I do it gets shut down by more rumours and theories.

I'm currently in year 12, pre-hsc. I study English, CAFS, Legal Studies, Geography and Senior Science. I did Physics in the preliminary course but had dropped it because it was too difficult for me, and I tried so hard to study and understand the concepts but I just couldn't. I currently do not do mathetmatics, and cannot pick it up as I did not do it in year 11, so for this I'm assuming a bridging course w/ TAFE could suffice, but I'm not entirely sure.

I really want to become a pilot, and I'm willing to commit to whatever I currently need to become one. I know that flight training is really costly and I (and my family) just don't have that type of cash, and I'm not sure if HECS is available.

To summarise: I don't do maths or physics, currently in year 12, want to be a pilot, don't know how.