PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Razor gangs hit Broome?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2015, 02:21
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry, Peuce, but all I'm hearing is "this is how it should have been done" vs. how certain leeser expeiences individuals are actually doing it. It is not standard procedure to damage my property by scattering my smokes all over the tray, otherwise every airport would be doing it. I never had a problem seeing a capfull of personal effects with an x-ray and am pretty sure the technology hasn't degraded.
He was not making it easier for the screener. The tray was alreay on the entry belt when I placed the inverted tray over it. He retrieved the tray from halfway inside the machine and asked, "Why did you do that?", before spreading everything around. Really seem normal to you? He had no problem as the tray passed him the first time.

Secondly, I have no problem with my luggage being searched, but while I am wearing something, pouch or not, it is on my person and you don't have any authority to start rummaging around there uninvited. I Have every right to knock your hand away if you stick it in either my pants pocket or a pouch attached to my belt without advising or asking me and no legal precedent will alllow you to do so or prosecute me for my reaction. You have to ask before you touch me and I would like to see you prove otherwise. Again, your excuse for another guard's behaviour is "what should have been done".
You cannot honestly say you would accept anyone doing it to you.

I would conduct the search using our normal OH&S procedures.
So you are saying you wouldn't have just jammed two fingers in there to make sure it was actually empty without asking? Good for you, Mr Perfect, but that is not how this search went...

Stop excusing other guards' behaviour. You are not being criticised personally, so just accept the fact that due to the large staff turnover and inexperince in this sector of security, they don't all carry out their job uniformly and to the same standard. It's no diferent to aviation, despite our best desires and efforts.

We all know how flawed the system is and that a 4 year old child would do a better job, smile and wave, it's about 3 minutes out of your day and if you can't forward plan being at the gate taking into account the obvious profiling that the explosives test is, you don't deserve to board an aircraft
Now wait for Peuce to spout how he does a better job than a 4 year old and how the system is indeed infallible and you should be happy Osama bin Manicure and the Al Qaeda emery boards can't file the captain's nails so short he can't fly the plane properly (quote Uncle Chop Chop)...