PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2015, 00:26
ricfly744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

I am presently B777 captain in the Gulf, have been B744 Capt in China before, only left because the company closed.

Not afraid of China, in fact, like it, but would be frustrated if not flying as PIC often enough and having to beg for a sector to keep current. Humiliating!
Never been in that situation. When in previous job in China, was PIC most of the time on both long haul and short.
I have flown in China with many expat ex PICs who could ONLY fly as PICCs, as they had been hired for that position, and would get full Command when the company expended, it never did, and I saw how all of them got immensely frustrated sooner than expected. Those who think they don't care about not flying as commanders may be soon realizing they do care.

Please tell us, if those who come with considerable PIC time on 777 will only fly as second captain (relief ) or this is only the case for those who join as NTR.

I just read that PARC has new terms and are inviting for a roadshow in AMS this week. I am temptated!

My wife (European) likes China and the Chinese people, she even learned Mandarin when we lived there. She cannot say same about the people from the hot sands.

Gulf contracts are excellent when children are still benefiting from school allowances, but as in my case they just lost it, by age, the package here looses value and China becomes more attractive.