PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 21:17
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting post! I was at that meeting, and there are several points in this article which were certainly not mentioned in the public phase of the meeting:-

1. There was no mention of any possible IOM-Belfast service

2. A suggestion from the floor about night-stopping was dismissed by Ms Groves as being expensive and not part of their business model

3. The issues of punctuality was purely in relation to the IOM-LGW 855/856 rotation which was dismal during the summer. There is no issue with LPL and BRS, as a rule.

4. Ms Groves also dismissed the idea that the poor Summer schedule on IOM-LGW could be revised, although she did suggest some restoration when the balance of the schedule (Sept/Oct) is released next week.

5. As Mr O'Friel remarked, there was a lot of discussion, comment and feedback on easyJet's 'commitment' to the IOM routes, and despite Ms Groves stating 'we are fully committed' on several occasions, I think most people were unconvinced.

It could be that the journo who wrote this did ask some questions privately, but my recollection is as above!