PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 19:54
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Care to elaborate?
An Irish licence is not required to operate the route, we will see in the next few weeks if DY are committed to launching the route without an Irish licence.

Southampton and Leeds the likely destinations. Incredible if 2 airlines launch routes on the same day. It'd make more sense for one of them to hold off for a few days to maximise the media coverage.
Not sure it really matters when it's EI/FR, UK routes will more less take care of themselves while FR don't really need headlines. If it was for example IB and FR or EI then I would go separate days.

Rumours of the DAA playing Ryanair like tactics with the airlines for the routes at Cork. Trying to make life hard for Shannon it seems.
I always said before the split the daa can and likely would make life difficult for SNN when ever they wanted. Still competition is good but Cork deserves it after the sly tactics which SNN played with FR to move more less loads of Cork routes to SNN and/or mimic EI routes.

So, five new routes tomorrow? Some turnaround at Cork in the last few months, from a Save Cork Airport campaign earlier in the year to this. I do wonder whether the upcoming election has a role to play in all this but, regardless, it has been a great few weeks for the airport with all the announcements.
Not sure the Save Cork Campaign played a major role as it was closed down after the airport branded it unhelpful or damaging. Politics plays some role I expect but mainly fuel, demand and some recent appointments are the big drivers.