PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 6th Dec 2015, 19:48
Flugplatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney Mil. Thank you, I think on reflection you are right. The ROE flow from the policy. Pity the policy sometimes seems to be built around the PR campaign and a wish to make warfare seem a pick-and-choose technological game. I really hope we have learnt something and if Chilcott had got off his backside, the recent MPs' debate might have used his report to be better informed.

I still truly hope the RAF are getting the right policy and suitable ROE, otherwise we have pretty much sent them on a fool's errand. The public now have a perception that airpower can make a difference (if not actually decisive). This time next year I think people are going to want to see a quantifiable difference made by all of the bombing. The fact that we seem to be going for the oil wells gives me some confidence that we're not just stuck on first base.

I was serving during the Blair/Hoon years, and now I tend to have very sensitive skin and an over-developed 'bulls..t detector' when it comes to the claims of politicians and some of our senior officers.

Flug