PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 6th Dec 2015, 19:23
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Organfreak
xcitation's question begs another question I have always wondered about:

How many working pilots actually read these reports in detail? Do they have the time? Or the interest? I imagine the answers to this are all over the map. It would seem, in the absence of any pertinent facts that, had FO studied the report, a lot of ppl would still be walking around the planet.

I know a certain pilot who blogs about piloting, and after a brief initial discussion on AF447, it was obvious that he had little interest in any of he nuts-and-bolts of that crash. Maybe complacency is part of this problem.
Any on this forum who have been in a tight corner may perhaps appreciate that most would have been concerned about sphincsters rather than thinking now then lets see, read about this somewhere and then declare la voila AF447 n`est pas. The sim seems to be lacking that je ne cepas qua of real life emergencies.
The published CVR transcripts are mostly sanitised, they only show what has been said and not how it was said. As they say it is not what you say but how you say it, remember Billy Connoly and the meaning of the f word ? Sometimes voice stress analysis is provided which gives a better understanding of the events unfolding before the eyes of the crew and their reactions. Nothing of the kind seems to have been provided in this instance. Why is that I wonder, is it because all that was recorded was just routine and said in the expected sang froid manner of Sully Sullenberger.