PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo Airways licence suspended
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 16:26
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Newbe, as I stated by myself, the aircraft was most likely doomed anyway, but the qualified folks who maintain that the FOD damage was a "Red Herring" have been ignored, indeed the miss-asembly of landing gear components would have put extream side loads on the gear, resulting in scuffing of the tire, which in most cases results in tire failure on a heavy aircraft. As for the light and variable winds, I prefer to go with the actual winds reported by the tower, as Im sure most of us would. Only 800 kilos over?, this is just another example of a pretty poor respect for safety and the "right way" to do things in aviation. As another poster just pointed out, Buffalo have a long history along with NO FATALS, which is the point myself and others are making when it comes to regulators {not just TC} in their dealing with smaller operators.For those who brush of such things as knowingly taking of overweight and serious maintanence mistakes I would sugest that you are in the wrong field of endevour.

Last edited by clunckdriver; 6th Dec 2015 at 18:41.