PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help and advice please for an old bloke!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 15:22
Twomonthsoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help and advice please for an old bloke!

Firstly, sorry moderator for posting this query here; it just seems to be the busiest forum so I thought I'd chance it.

Hello good people and hopefully future colleagues; I've just returned to live in The UK having resided in The Antipodes for over 20 years; pressing family commitments have caused my repatriation. I'm reasonably experienced, over 9k hours, TRE/I on heavy t'prop 20t, m'crew RPT, sim instructor etc. Licence Aus/Kiwi but 49 yrs old, UK citizen. Just about to start EASA stuff; just done the medical.

By the time I've completed this process, I will prob be 50 and not very current. I appreciate that BA, VA and Easy are realistically not going to be interested as I understand I am getting on a bit for them; no jet time means my marketability is limited also. Could I be in with a chance with FlyBe, Logan or Easterns? In fact, I'd be happy in anything that will provide a steady living.

Please understand that I just don't know the market here, that's why I thought I'd reach out. I accept the fact my career might be over, I just hope it isn't.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Last edited by Twomonthsoff; 6th Dec 2015 at 15:48.