PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 08:35
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
While I agree in principle, I am still surprised how often otherwise money-pinching airlines splash out money for re-branding. I am not an economist, but I doubt that most of these re-branding exercises result in increased profits once all the expenses for consultants, trashing or remodeling the existing branded hardwear etc. is taken into consideration.
One of the aims of any company's marketing is brand differentiation -what makes one company different from another.

So far as I can see FlyBe is pretty good at this. In the first pace they have put forward a slogan suggesting that they (FlyBe) are faster than road or rail which like most slogans is catchy, yet at the same time not entirely true - when you take the attendant hassle of flying into account. In the second, they have colour scheme which is easily identifiable from the ground, so when people see a purple plane approaching their nearby airport, it's not "just another plane" but a purple (FlyBe) one.

DHL and UPS are similarly eye catching from the ground - and I don't think that was an accident either.

Personally, I think the purple makeover is attractive, and will do no harm to "brand FlyBe" - and how ever much people criticise them, the management is turning the corner financially, judging from recent figures.