PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DEC
Thread: Emirates DEC
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2015, 22:15
A320CaptDav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HR Strategy

Well they don't care as long as the airplanes fly . That is evident by the fact that they are willing to take atpl holders and put them on a right seat of a b777 /330 as for DEC , well I guess be prepared to fly ur butt of but for people flying a narrow body getting the oppuruntiy to fly the left seat of a widebody has become seldom. QR only takes people with widbebody experience for their 330/777 and the other airline we don't speak off I'm not sure. But joining as an FO would be a foolish decision for any pilot. With DEc, command upgrade time would be a longer wait on the right seat and as I sad if the DEC program works well then the FOs need to go elsewhere for command.

SOPs and keepirealok hope you get my perspective clearly. I also personally feel the entire EK interview process very lacking. It's all about putting in a big act on getting through. It's about how well you can lie to be honest that I say that is I know of 2 pilots who had major CRM problems and lacked basic flying knowledge who are now flying on the right seat at EK and keep complaining about how bad things are and why they are not getting their command upgrade. Sad to say but yes EK has become a big dump with all the good pilots leaving .

Looks like Qr is the best gig in the Middle East for a career point of view.