PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comper Swift..G-ECTF (Naked)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2015, 16:13
Tupperware Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 Could the pilot see anything at all on the ground, even weaving from side to side looks pointless as the wings then get in the way of the view forward

2. It looks oh so frail, as I said a thing of beauty but zero protection in any incident; it looks like hitting large a insect would be a true mid -air, how strong was that amazing lattice work frame?

3 It seems to have a slightly odd stance on the grounds such that any attempt to swing the prop to start it would cut of the legs of the guy doing the swinging as the lower arc of the prop looks to extend a good way forward of the top arc which of course you had to grab to pull it anyway-special technique for staying intact?
In answer to your 3 questions..
#1, the view is not as bad as it looks, infact better on the ground than a Cub. I have not flown it but have sat in it. And been told by the tame test pilot.
#2 looks are deceiving its very strong and not frail.
#3 as the chief swinger of the Swift I can say it's fine to swing. But we have been swinging for a few years and make sure we do it carefully. Swinging is not to be rushed. And we always take our time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPgYovM5Rc
plenty of swinging in the videos I have posted...