PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air strikes - challenging the "collateral damage" narrative
Old 5th Dec 2015, 15:58
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I understand that people have concerns, and when those concerns are genuinely born out of not understanding I'm more than happy to sit down and explain things. What really gets me irritated is when the holier than though self righteous brigade spout absolute drivel and it isn't challenged. It really makes me fear for the future of the country when such utter cockwombles are given air time and then when everybody else blindly agrees without knowing what they are agreeing to. I bet these are people who would join the back of a queue without knowing what they were queuing for.

The perfect case in point was when some bearded imbecile in the Question Time audience on Thursday began preaching that our bombing Syria was racist. I kid you not. Apparently that we viewed civilian deaths in Paris as a tragedy but collateral in Syria was racist. Cue lots of shouting at the to in Melchett HQ. I suspect he didn't even understand what racist actually means, but instead bandies it around as a tool to beat people with who don't follow his PC line of thinking.

Radio 4's Today Programme wasn't much better with Nick Robinson's inference that because we weren't using the much vaunted Brimstone, then we were causing CIVCAS. Now that worried me because Robinson is usually competent and down the line, so if even he is getting it wrong, I don't hold out much help for the rest of the media darlings.