PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2015, 05:01
polax52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alloha
50 % of success in training in Saudia is attitude. I know 2-3 people who failed just because of their ego. And I can assure you they are excellent Captains.and I know some others less talented but smart enough to put aside their egos and they had a smooth ride. On the 320 things are a bit more difficult cause lots of the instructors are captains with 4-5 years on the left seat and it's quite hard for a very experience captain to tolerate bad attitude.On the T7 things are more balanced as all of the training department has extensive experience
Hiring on the T7 stops by end of January.
Let's put that into perspective, it is definitely possible for a good Pilot simply to fail because of ego but then is he a good Pilot if he can't hide his ego? In the modern era, I don't think so.

In my experience however most have failed for very good reason. Examples have been such as basic decision making repetitively poor e.g. making a go-around on a cat 2 due to an engine fire. On the line there have been Captains who simply cannot manually fly from the right seat. Another situation has been that if GACA need to re-check you, that seems to put you on a slippery slope. Any check after that failure you need to be pretty damn good.