PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Roadshows
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2015, 02:24
GTC58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam

if you read my post again I said no-one signed a new contract, but a transfer letter. CX imposed a new contract - COS16. As the contract was imposed no-one is agreeing to anything and all US officers retain their legal right to challenge pay-scales, BPP and RP's. Some of this will be binding arbitration, some issues might end up in court and some disputes will be handled by the EEOC. Read the USAOA letter in regards of the contract and it explains it all. Of course negotiations for the CBA already started, so maybe some issues will be solved via negotiation.

airplaneridesrfun

Yes, Canadian officers telling the US immigration guy that they are commuting to the US to work. You would be foolish not to tell the truth. That's why they get stamped a B1/C1 or D1 visa in their passport. No-one is illegal regardless what you think. Maybe hire an immigration lawyer like CX and some of the Canadian officers did to get a legal opinion. Every US based Canadian officer completed an I-9, well if you would be right those officers will be denied employment with the new CX USA.

The Canadian grievance has nothing to do with US laws but with a breach of their CBA.

Last edited by GTC58; 5th Dec 2015 at 02:42.