PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 4th Dec 2015, 21:07
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unintelligible

"During this period communication between the SIC and PIC recorded on the CVR was unintelligible." [Report]

All of the communication recorded on the CVR during this period was unintelligible, and none of it intelligible? Or . . . SOME of the communication recorded on the CVR during this period was unintelligible? Perhaps I have a too-suspicious mindset, but upon reading the quoted sentence - and assuming that the time period being referenced was a quite important one - I could not help but wonder why the report language was ambiguous.
I especially do not want this post to be construed as commenting upon the side-sticks, or overall flight control architecture, of "the bus."
And I especially do think that the comparison to the UPS 1354 CVR transcript (@ deefer dog) is extremely pertinent - in terms of the transcript's inclusiveness, and the highly relevant and significant imperative for inclusion of all facts in an air accident investigation report.