PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 4th Dec 2015, 20:23
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awful attempt to "not report" the prelude to the upset. As a comparison (the very first one I googled) I just read the following transcript provided in the UPS 1354 accident report (UPS 1354 CVR Transcript) which includes "unintelligible" sounds as well as "sounds like" comments from start to finish of the entire flight.

Peekay, you are on a joy ride with your proclamations that CVR detail may have been omitted because it was not "certain" what may have been stated. In cases such as these much of the information gleaned may not be of a nature that is "black or white" but all data collected will, when combined, form a picture that may paint the reality of the situation, and that may be something that we can all learn from. It is not for the investigators to determine what conclusions must not be relied on, their job is to produce a report that includes all of the evidence and not suppose what weight should be attached to each individual part of it. If "a sound similar to a seat moving" forms part of that evidence I see no reason for that to be excluded. Similarly if there was conversation immediately following XX ECAM alert that was not intelligible, the intelligible parts of the WHOLE transcript should be included with the unintelligible parts- EXACTLY as was the case in the UPS 1354 report.

This report doesn't even give us a clue as to what was going on in the cockpit. It widely circumnavigates the possibility that one of the crew might have left their seat to re-set a CB, and radicates the entire transcript that might otherwise have given the reader how the crew were interacting on a personal or CRM level. This report is one that appears to have been edited to miss out the elephant that might have been in the cockpit before the sh1t hit the fan.

That stated, I agree that they may well be another elephant in the cockpit that the manufacturer does not want to discuss - and one in the shape of an AoA indicator that the authorities might not want to be reminded of.