PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 4th Dec 2015, 18:16
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney mate that's just plain insulting to people and rather dis-respectful to their intelligence. Are we not allowed to speak, to even think?
I am neither entrenched, nor self-loading/loathing/right-on/right mess or whatever you said.
People have adopted the "no" position for a pretty wide variety of reasons. And come from a wide spectrum of society, I have to say.

I doubt they (the RAF crews or planners) are targeting schools, mosques...not impossible they hit them though, mistakes will probably be made eventually because its an air war.*
According to some of the **** papers I glanced this morning ,they (RAF crew) blasted an enemy sniper team into the never regions last night or so.
Granted that's life and death if you are an Iraqi squaddy being sniped and going to die.
But its hardly worth the risk to the entire UK now runs from the counter attacks, where ever they come.
The war planes will be in a job for life (pardon the pun) if these are the targets they are going after. Way too small.

Actually, before ISIS even get started here in the UK they've effectively split our country pretty well into bits, politically speaking.
Scotland was just about all no, looking at the "who voted how" websites. Other areas in England also pretty dramatically anti war. Mostly the red bits - the true blue bits very obvious.
We are not a united front as an island nation - this could be exploited effectively in the future by the evil and astute.
And so the violent spiral will continue and (purely in my opinion mind) it will come here and visit us. And so I hope this gamble with our British lives is so really worth it.

* Strangely, in a way now I fully concede to CM that many people who post online seem to accept that it actually is an RAF terror based war campaign aiming at civilians - why is this? Do the RAF need to do better propaganda more often?