PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2015, 11:47
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 237 Likes on 82 Posts
As I have said, the pilot recruitment process at easyJet leaves a great deal to be desired. Plastic787 has correctly alluded to the 40 or so guys in 2013 who were shamefully treated by being offered jobs and then had the job offers rescinded. There should have been serious disciplinary action as it was a great embarrassment to us as a company and great hurt to those involved, but that sadly did not happen. So yes, it may indeed be true that some of you have received e-mails that are incorrect, unhelpful or inaccurate - I am not directly involved in that, so do not know what is true and what is not. All I can say however, is that despite some of the rubbish written on here by people who know virtually nothing about easyJet other than that their aircraft are orange, it is a good place to be. Once you escape the recruitment process, you start to meet real people - i.e. the pilots and cabin crew you will actually work with. They are a great bunch and make it all worthwhile. And there is a route from being the lowest cadet earning a pittance to the most senior Training Captain earning a good salary. The exact salary I earn right now is still available to anyone who joins today. There is no doubt that, like all airlines, there are significant downward pressures on terms and conditions, but right now that is where we are. EasyJet is not a perfect company but it is pretty good. It is up to you if you want to be here - but most people who come here enjoy it.