PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2015, 08:50
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OpsSix

Thanks for your correction regarding the McDonalds opening hours; their website is a bit misleading as it just says "open 24 hours" for that branch.

I would say that the RFF is effectively Cat 6 H24, as a minimum 30 minutes notice is required after midnight for the upgrade from 4 to 6 and any easyJet late arrivals will obviously provide much more notice than that.

I spent a couple of days in Cumbria this week and spoke to a number of people about the proposed CAX-SEN service; or definitely CAX-LON as they see it. They all saw it as something which would raise the profile of the area and be good for tourism as many Lakes visitors don't find their way that far north. Having worked with airports and airlines over recent years on route development one thing I have learnt is that some routes you're confident will work sometimes don't and vice versa so I'll reserve judgement on CAX-SEN. I spoke to one person who went to school with Andrew Tinkler and that was an interesting conversation. Will Stobart actually launch CAX-SEN anyway? I'd say that's far from certain and a lot of work on the runway and nav aids is going to be needed before the route could be started.

I see that Jota are advertising for flight deck and cabin crew for their "RJ/Bae 146" fleet expansion so the addition of an RJ looks likely in the near future and I wonder if G-LENM (ex Cello) might be the aircraft. That won't produce much in the way of extra SEN traffic but good to see them growing their business.