PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 19:32
tarantonight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thunderbird7
No! Unless there is a coherent plan for what happens next.

Have we learnt NOTHING from the past 20 years?
I have not read all of this thread, but from what I have seen feel the situation and threat is misunderstood - I have knowledge of this from a different perspective due to a previous life.

ISIS/ISIL cannot be compared to any previous terrorist threat the world has seen in history. I have heard it said that negotiations worked in the case of PIRA, we should try that. No possible comparison. The average ASU member back in the day would want to return to his family at the end of the (literal) day and maybe have a pint. Say no more.

It took place with the Taliban from what I understand. The Taliban did not want to take the issue to our country or Europe, they wanted to desk with us on their own turf.

ISIS/ISIL has to be destroyed totally. It is an immense task and I hate to think how long it will take - I genuinely fear for my children's generation as they become adults.

I haven't reviewed what I have typed as it is written from the heart.

'They' are coming to get us and need to be met with force. If not, the future is very bleak. Very.

Regards,

TN.