PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the raf can’t deliver the punch cameron wants in syria
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 12:07
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mustafa, try reading this thread again. Just for the hard of understanding:

OK, Typhoon has yet to get an independent laser targeting capability. However NOT continuing such investment WOULD unquestionably be throwing good money AWAY.

Tornado is neither obsolete nor obsolescent. Its planned out of service date is still to come.

It is by no means proven that Tornado would be unable to evade the Russian S-400 SAM or that other aircraft, such as Typhoon, could.

He asserts that the Growler could conduct SEAD missions and we could have bought 3 for 1 Typhoon. Had we procured Growlers in previous years we would have had no requirement until such time as the Russians threat our aircraft. He may be correct but we have allies for just that reason.

He states that the S-400 has a capability to cover to 90,000 feet out to 250 nm. He is clearly a paid up member of the flat earth society.

As for the Tornado reactive tasking in AFG, that has been comprehensively debunked.

Ward’s article is biased and makes unproven assertions without sources nor the possibility of comment and disagreement.