PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger A320 - another "lost" cowling?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 09:53
Uplinker

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts
For heaven's sake, just check thoroughly that the aircraft is fit to fly before flying it. (I am not specifically commenting on this particular incident, but on the general issue about checking engine cowl latches).

If turnarounds or maintenance procedures mean that cowls need to be opened AFTER the walkaround has been completed, then write ASRs and get the procedures changed.

The walkaround is the final check that the aircraft is secure, safe and ready for flight. Engineers should not open a cowl after the walkaround has been completed and the tech log has been signed. If they do, they should inform the flight deck, write the reason in the tech log and sign it again, and it should be confirmed without doubt that the cowl has been relatched and checked.

We are in the business of being SAFE. No amount of commercial pressure or short cuts should be allowed or tolerated if they impinge on safety.

@Calvin Hops, It was hopefully clear from my post that I was making a general point about checking cowlings, since I made no reference to the incident referred to on this thread, or any others.

Last edited by Uplinker; 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:28.