PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CBIR or IR ?
Thread: CBIR or IR ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 23:01
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBIR or IR ?

Hello Everyone...

I think I am a little confused with regards to the differences between the full IR and the CB-IR. I have heard people (perhaps incorrectly?) stating that there is a fundamental difference between the two courses. I have heard and read contradictory statements about each of them and cannot makes heads/tails with it all.

So far what I gather is:
  • CBIR requires 10 hours less than "normal" IR (on paper).
What I am not sure about is:
  • Does the CBIR take into account IR(r) / IMC course and PIC time logged?
  • Does the holder of a CBIR have identical privileges to those who sat the "normal" IR course?
  • Other than the time taken (and hence cost difference) are there any other differences between the two syllabi?
  • Are there any differences at all to the paper bit? (or in the background?)
  • Would the learning outcomes really be better from doing the full IR course? (taking into account that I have an IR(r) and plenty of instrument time logged)

I have read a lot of about "difference in privileges" depending on the ground exams sat. I am currently studying for the 14 ATPL exams which I intend to sit - so please keep the responses with regards to this set of ground exams.

Please please please don't post without having the assurance of being 100% right (or at least 99% right?) as there are too many threads everywhere which have a myriad of answers which contradict one another (even some PDFs on the CAA website!).

Thanks Again!
Alex