PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB Report A109E accident at Vauxhall, and Inquest Verdict
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 22:01
Redland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I being one of the unlucky people who went CPL IR route at the wrong time and left with no north sea jobs. I can see that corporate you could be talked in to doing jobs outside of the minima if desperate for work.

I am lucky with no financial pressure as I did it a bit later in life and can survive by my self instructing. But some I know have very real financial commitments that do not create an environment that enables the same (no flying today the weather is not good enough) attitude.

The pressure can be a lot more intense, than some here who have military/wage at the end of the month regardles background appreciate. Some people do not have thousands of multi engine hours behind them, or finances to fall back on for waiting for the next job.

Pilots decision making does not always start in the cockpit but in the bank managers office many months or years earlier. I don't think this is right but it is a fact of the cost of entering this industry.

This may not be relevant to PB but to ignore the other pressures on some pilots is short sighted, and naive.